Saint Eugene Catholic Church Festival Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations for 2019
- Saint Eugene Catholic Church of Wendell, North Carolina presents the “Sweepstakes” in conjunction with the 2019 International Food and Music Festival to be held on September 28, 2019.
- Winners are selected by random drawing from eligible entries received, and decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Pastor of Saint Eugene will monitor compliance with the rules governing the Sweepstakes and make decisions, in his sole discretion, regarding the interpretation of any of the Sweepstakes Rules. Those interpretations shall be final.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older to purchase tickets and win a prize and must meet all eligibility requirements as provided by law. Tickets are $5.00 per ticket. In the event a raffle ticket purchaser designates on the ticket a person less than 18 years old and that person is a Prize winner(e.g., a parent buys a raffle ticket and designates their child on the ticket stub), the purchaser shall be deemed the prize winner provided they provide satisfactory proof (in the sole discretion of the Pastor) that they are the ticket purchaser. Under such circumstances, the Purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Saint Eugene Catholic Church from any claims arising therefrom.
- Drawing will be held on September 28, 2019, at the International Food and Music Festival sponsored by Saint Eugene Catholic Church held at J. Ashley Wall Towne Square in Wendell, NC or, if delayed for any reason, at such place and time designated by the Pastor. Winners need not be present to win.
- Tickets may be purchased until approximately one (1) hour before the end of the 2019 International Food and Music Festival on September 28, 2019 at 5 pm. The end of the ticket purchase period will be announced from the performance stage at the Festival by the Pastor or his designee. All ticket sales are final. By purchasing a ticket for this raffle, purchasers agree that they have read and understand all of the rules and regulations of the raffle. Purchasers understand that their money will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- For IRS reporting requirements, the prizes will be declared in 2019. All prizewinners are responsible for conforming to IRS regulations and are responsible for all federal and state income and other taxes and any other fees or costs, including, but not limited to taxes.
- All members of the Sweepstakes committee are unpaid volunteers and are overseen by the Pastor of Saint Eugene Catholic Church.
- Committee members are allowed to participate in the Sweepstakes and are entitled to win prizes.
- Ticket purchasers are responsible to assure that their name and contact information is legibly and correctly recorded on the ticket stub submitted. Saint Eugene will make a reasonable effort to ascertain and contact each respective winner based upon the information provided on each respective winning ticket stub. Notification to winners will be made within twenty days of the drawing date. For purposes of these rules, “notification” shall be deemed accomplished by calling the phone number of a prize winner noted on the ticket stub. If a winner cannot be reached within the twenty day notice period despite attempts at notification, the winning ticket is deemed forfeited and the associated prize withdrawn from the Raffle. Prizes unclaimed within ninety days of notification are deemed forfeited by the winner and the associated prizes withdrawn from the raffle. Prize winners are solely responsible for picking up their prize at Saint Eugene Catholic Church at 608 Lions Club Road, Wendell, N.C. or otherwise arranging for delivery within the ninety day period noted above.
- Winners agree to the use of their name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by Saint Eugene Catholic Church, and agree to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
- There are separate prizes in the drawing as shown in the list below. Saint Eugene reserves the right to add more prizes to the below list should additional prizes be donated. Adding additional prizes may change the specific order of winning entries. The number and order of prizes set out below will be changed in these official rules prior to September 28, 2019 should additional prizes be donated. Prizes are listed in the order of their estimated value, in the discretion of the Pastor. Current prizes are as follows:
- $1500 Visa gift card
- 55 inch flat screen TV
- Laptop computer
- $500 gift card
- Whole freezer lamb (30-40 lbs.) Prize value: $300-$400
- $250 Angus Barn Gift Card
- $250 Amazon gift card
- Adjustable Ladder
- $200 gift card
- $100 Gift Card
- $100 Gift Card
- $100 Hair Salon Gift Card
- $100 gift basket
- $50 Gift card to 41 North Coffee Co.
- $50 Hair Salon Gift Card or Basket of Hair Products
- Instant Pot
- 3 Piece Luggage Set
- Elgin Watch
- Jafra Blazon Eau De Toilette
- $50 Starbucks gift card
- TWO $25 Chili’s Gift Cards
Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win one of the prizes (subject to exception below). Provided, however, that the drawing of each winning ticket will be conducted in order of least valuable to most valuable. Therefore, the FIRST ticket to be pulled will be the winner of the LAST Prize. Once that ticket is drawn, that ticket will no longer be eligible for any other prize and will not be returned into the bin of eligible tickets. Subsequent prizes will be drawn in order of least valuable to most valuable (again, such value as determined in the discretion of the Pastor) until a winning ticket is finally drawn for the First prize.
Once each respective winning ticket is drawn, that ticket will no longer be eligible for a prize and will not
be returned to the bin of eligible tickets. The FINAL ticket to be drawn will be for the Grand Prize, $1500
VISA GIFT CARD. There will be only ONE First Prize winner. The winner will be the LAST ticket pulled by
the Pastor (or Pastor’s designee) from a container containing all eligible ticket stubs.